Machines are first grouped for selection according to their functioning method as:
Manual Wire and Die Bonders -- Operator directs targeting with manual controls
• Semi-Automatic Wire Bonders -- Operator targets initial bond, machine makes connection
• Automatic Wire Bonders -- All targets are defined in software, machine bonds automatically
• Pull Testers -- Wires are stressed to limit or to destruction
Product machines are listed by their Model Numbers within these function groups; however, within the groups, models are further separated by appended Series Letters, generated historically, to distinguish similar mechanism designs and principles of operation. These letters and their meanings are:
"A" -- X-Y-Z Single Lever Micromanipulator, original design, three-point follower. Tool Assemblies use mechanical cams.
• "B" -- X-Y-Z Single Lever Micromanipulator, increased throat depth, follower on balls. Tool Assemblies on four-bar linkage with sliding wire clamps.
• "C" -- X-Y-Z Single Lever Micromanipulator, constrained axes, pneumatic axis locks. "A" Series Tool Assemblies retained.
• "D" -- X-Y-Z Micromanipulator of C Series, updated with E Series self-contained wire clamps.
• "E" -- X-Y-Z Single Lever Micromanipulator, orthogonal straight-line axes, pneumatic axis locks. Tool Assemblies on four-bar linkage with forward pivot. Overhead, gantry construction. Also Moving Head Automatics with orthogonal axes and gantry construction.
Machines of each Method and Series are defined in their Specification. The links under "Machines" are to these Specifications. In many cases, links adjacent in the Machine list display printable photos and
Some machines in each Series are "convertible" in that they can be configured by exchange of attached sub-assemblies to perform bonding by different bond methods. They can be identified by repeated method numbers in their Model Number sequence. These numbers are included in the Model Number list of links to aid in finding their defining Specification, even though that Specification is for that model family.
1551 S. Harris Court,Anaheim, CA 92806
Phone: 714.978.1551 Fax: 714.978.0431